Effective January 1, 2019: All applicants intending to demonstrate eligibility for any BPS certification examination utilizing the practice experience pathway must provide an attestation from their employer, on company letterhead, that verifies this experience accurately represents 50% of time spent in some or all of the activities defined by the applicable certification content outline. In addition, this practice experience must have occurred within the seven years immediately preceding the application.
This letter must contain the following:
- Be on company letterhead
- Employment dates the employer is verifying
- Verification of practice experience in one or more domains described in the Content Outlines, for at least 50% of each year of employment
- Contact information for the verifier
- All practice experience must be attested for
- Employer is unable to attest to practice experience outside of the candidate’s employment
- Supervisors who work for another company are unable to use their current company’s letterhead if the pharmacist does not work for that company
- Candidates who work independently or without a supervisor should have another healthcare professional or administrator they work with verify their practice experience
Submitting Employer Verification Letters
Candidates may submit the employer verification letters by logging into their MyBPS profile and uploading the verification letter within the examination application.