The Spring 2021 BPS Exam Registration window is now OPEN, candidates may click here to register. The Spring 2021 testing window will be open between April 19, 2021 through June 1, 2021. BPS and Prometric will continue to discuss and evaluate options to accommodate the needs of our candidates.
Prometric is continuing to evaluate where and when test centers can resume testing activities in its global network. To help ensure the protection of its employees and test takers and to remain in compliance with governmental mandates and recommendations from the CDC and WHO, safety practices will be enacted throughout the testing process. To read Prometric’s most up-to-date global test center resumption social distancing policy, see below. Some regions have specific policies in place based on local guidelines, so please make sure to review the policies for the region you will be testing in, if applicable.
- For Prometric’s standard global policies, please click here.
- For Prometric’s North America (U.S. and Canada) specific social distancing policies, please click here.
- For Prometric’s China specific social distancing policies, please click here.
Test Center Examination: Arrival and Check-In Procedures
- Prometric has provided updated procedures for examination candidates to observe social distancing via local guidelines. It is advised that all candidates review and abide by these procedures: Social Distancing Testing Procedures
- Prior to entering the test center building, test takers will be required to do the following:
- Bring and wear a mask during the entirety of their time at the test center. Both medical masks or cloth face coverings are acceptable. Masks with exhale/one-way valves are prohibited to use at the testing center, due to the lack of viral particle filtration provided by these masks. Any test taker that comes to the test center without a mask will not be allowed to test, marked as a “no show,” and will not be eligible for a free reschedule.
- Comply with any other local or federal mandates and guidelines.
NOTE: If you fall into any of the following categories, you will not be permitted to test until you no longer fit the criteria:
- Have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
- Have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14-days;
- Are experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms; OR
- Have returned from travel to a highly infected area in the last 14-days.
- If any of the above applies to you, please reschedule your exam on www.prometric.com. By entering the test center, you attest that you are clear of the restrictions to testing.
Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) Examination
BPS has partnered with its testing vendor, Prometric, to make available a Live Remote Proctoring (LRP) option for the April – June 2021 Examination Window, with certain restrictions*.
LRP allows candidates to test in a place of their choosing (i.e., in their home) using their own computer, rather than at a brick-and-mortar Prometric testing center, while being monitored via webcam by offsite proctors. The LRP option requires candidates to download an application (ProProctor) from Prometric to establish remote access to the candidate’s computer. This application includes Prometric’s test engine software, as well as a lockdown browser to ensure secure test delivery.
- The availability of LRP examinations will be restricted* to candidates who are approved to test in the Spring 2021 examination window and reside in the U.S. or Canada due to a larger candidate pool, a higher prevalence of site closures in North America, as well as reduced seating capacity resulting from social distancing requirements. Candidates inside AND outside of the U.S. and Canada will still be able to schedule examinations at available Prometric in-person testing centers.
- LRP examinations will be available for all BPS specialty certifications.
- We encourage applicants to apply now for BPS certification examinations now that the application window is officially open.
- As soon as candidates are approved by BPS to test for the April – June 2021 Examination Window, they will be able to schedule examinations at an available Prometric test center, if they so choose.
- Candidates approved for LRP examinations must review and meet all testing requirements, including, access to appropriate technology (i.e., personal computer, webcam, and high-speed internet connection) as well as compliance with unique security requirements. Candidates are asked to review the BPS Candidate’s Guide to learn more details about terms and conditions about the LRP examinations.
- Candidates considering LRP for their April – June test administration should note that special terms and conditions may apply, and to keep checking back for updates at www.bpsweb.org
- BPS has developed an In-center Testing and Live Remote Proctored (LRP) Testing Considerations resource document to help candidates consider their options when applying for the April – June BPS certification examinations.
BPS staff is working remotely and while we do not expect any interruption in service, please note that response to calls and emails might be slightly delayed. If you have specific questions regarding the following categories please contact the staff member associated with that task:
- All Exam Day/Testing Issues – Contact Scott Smith at (202) 429-4113
- Certificates – Contact Tari Hall at (202) 558-2729
- Transcripts – Contact Tonomi Marbley at (202) 448-8720
- Recertification – Contact Lulu Mziray at (202) 223-7180
- For all other questions dial (202) 429-7591
(BPS hours of operation are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST)
BPS highly values your safety and security during these tumultuous times. We are extremely grateful for your contributions to patient care and remain committed to supporting your endeavor to become board certified. BPS is sensitive to and recognizes that issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic are changing daily, and BPS staff will continue to monitor this and provide updates to this webpage as new information becomes available.