The Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS), is the principal organization within the pharmacy profession for certifying specialists and recognizing specialties within pharmacy. BPS board certification is a widely recognized credential that demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills beyond the minimum requirements for licensure in one of 14 recognized specialties. Today, BPS recognizes more than 55,350 BPS board-certified pharmacists provide patient-centered care within interprofessional teams to help achieve medication optimization across practice settings.
A digital badge is an innovative way for BPS to provide certificants with a portable, digital, and third-party-verified display of their credential(s) as evidence of their achievement. Several potential applications for these digital badges include: verification that a pharmacist is currently board certified through BPS as well as demonstration of earned credential(s) on social media platforms, websites, and/or email signature lines. While this does not replace the printed certificate, we hope it provides certificants with more flexibility to share their qualifications in an increasingly digital world.
Credentials travel with the earner and can be sent, posted and put to use on digital platforms such as Social Media, Website, and Email.
Encoded with metadata with credential details: date issued, the specialty it certifies, and information about the steps taken to achieve certification.
Digital Badges are issued directly from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties and secured against tampering and fraud.
Credly was designed to allow you to easily and efficiently manage and share your professional achievements. Watch this video to learn how to create your Credly account, accept and share your badge.
Are you unable to locate the email from Acclaim to accept your badge?
You can simply create an account on Credly using the email address associated with your MyBPS account login. This is the email address to which your badge was issued. To create an account and claim your badge, follow the steps below:
- Go to www.credly.com
- Click on the round profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Select Create an Account
- Click Create My Account
- Credly will send you a confirmation email (from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click the link in that email to confirm your account
Once you’ve created and confirmed your account, any badges issued to that email address will be available for you to accept and share.
Adding a hyperlinked badge image to your email signature is a great way to make sure your professional network is aware of your certifications, credentials and other badge-worthy recognition.
Embedding your badge into an email signature is quick and easy, Lets first find the assets you’ll need.
1. Log into your Credly account and select the badge you’d like to add to your email signature from your Dashboard.
2. Select the share button at the top the page. This will show you all of your possible share options for this badge.
3. Next select the download Icon and select Small image.
4. Next select the URL Icon and copy it to your clip board.
1. Start a new email and click signature
2. Either edit an existing signature or add a new one.
3. Select the image icon and choose the image you downloaded from Credly.
4. Next hyperlink the image. Paste the badge url you copied from Credly.
5. Select Save.
1 Find the settings area and scroll to the signature block
2. Use the picture icon to upload the badge image you downloaded from Credly/Acclaim. You can resize the image.
3. Highlight the image and click on the link Icon. It may look like nothing happened, but click back on the image and see where you can change the hyper link.
4. Past the Url you copied from Credly/Acclaim.
5. Save, and you’re all set.
If the above method for adding your badge to your signature to Gmail it’s working for you, please try this second method.