Are you making a difference on the healthcare team and in patient care? The Board of Pharmacy Specialties invites board-certified pharmacists to share their experiences in a new campaign, the “BPS Ambassadors”. This campaign will showcase BPS Board-Certified Pharmacists advancing practice in their communities and improving patient care. Pharmacist specialists interested in contributing their thought-provoking ideas and unique perspectives on the value of BPS Board Certification are strongly encouraged to apply.
BPS will select up to four pharmacist specialists with excellent storytelling skills to speak on a range of topics that highlight the value of BPS Board Certification and its impact on patient care, interprofessional teams, employer perception, and professional development and advancement. Those selected will be featured in a video series accessible on the BPS website and social media platforms; additionally, the selected speakers will be invited to present during a live event (date and location TBD).
Step 1. Application Form
For the initial application phase applicants will be asked to submit a statement of interest responding to the following prompts:
- How does your professional experience position you to be selected as a “BPS Ambassador”?
- What is the value of BPS Board Certification and its impact on patient care outcomes?
- What is the value of BPS Board Certification in developing interprofessional teams?
- What role does BPS Board Certification play in professional development and advancement?
Completed applications should be submitted electronically through Formsite. Applications will be accepted up until Friday, October 16, 2020.
Step 2: Video Submission
Applicants whose stories/responses are chosen will advance to the final phase of the application process which will require submission of a 5-minute long video response to questions provided by the selection committee.
Applications will be reviewed by the BPS selection committee and speaker selection criteria will be based on:
- The experience and unique perspective of the applicant.
- The applicant’s commitment to BPS Board Certification.
- The applicant’s storytelling and lecture presentation ability on video and/or to a live audience.