About the Job
The Associate Executive Director is the #2 administrative leader of Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS), reporting to the Executive Director in addition, this position is also responsible for BPS interprofessional activities. The Associate Executive Director develops and maintains active engagement with other health professional societies (e.g., medicine, nursing, and others); health quality organizations; patient advocacy groups; and health care payers/purchasers to promote the value of board certification for pharmacists.
Leadership and General Management
• Represent BPS externally at the request of the Executive Director.
• In consultation with the staff, board, specialty councils, and subject matter experts, contributes to the development and execution of the strategic goals regarding the BPS certification program.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders that can benefit from and utilize the skills of Board Certified Pharmacists. Key relationships include those with medicine, nursing, health quality organizations, accrediting bodies, health care payers/purchasers and patient advocacy groups.
• Participation in national level working groups and/or task forces that address board certification as a component of credentialing and privileging across the spectrum of interprofessional practice.
Health Policy/Regulatory Affairs and Research
• Provide analysis of relevant regulatory and health science policy issues to identify opportunities to advance or position the work of BPS.
• Identify and manage research that reinforces the value of BPS Board Certification, these activities may be conducted in conjunction with other BPS staff, outside organizations and/or consultants.
Education and Experience required:
The successful candidate should possess a Doctor of Pharmacy degree, be residency trained and hold a BPS Certification. A minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated successful experience in clinical pharmacy practice is required. National association/interprofessional affairs experience is desirable
Interested candidates may apply online at: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=19224232.
The American Pharmacists Association is and Equal Opportunity Employer.